Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Forex Profit Farm Review

I was kindly sent a review copy of Forex Profit Farm a few weeks ago but haven't really had the time to read through this system and give it the attention it deserves up to now. However I have spent several hours in the last few days analyzing and back-testing the system and can now give you my full review of Forex Profit Farm.

An Introduction

Forex Profit Farm is basically a forex day trading system that you can use to capture many of the big intraday moves that occur on a daily basis.

What Pairs Does It Trade?

The system works on any currency pairs but it is recommended that you stick to either the EUR/USD pair (where it seems to be most effective) or the major currency pairs that have the tightest spreads.

What Time Frames Is The System Most Effective On?

The creator of the system recommends you use the 15 minute time frame, and my own research backs this up. Any less than this and you will be the subject of too many whipsaws, and any longer than this and you risk entering a trade after a large gap up or down, meaning you could be stopped out if the gap is filled.

What Indicators Does The System Use?

I obviously can't tell you the exact indicators that are used but they are nothing revolutionary. The handful of indicators that are used are very common and are found in all charting software.

What Are The Stop Loss And Profit Targets?

The stop loss is set at 35 points (or less) which I've found to be just about perfect because it gives the pair plenty of time to breathe and will keep in you a trade long enough to capture the big price move when it occurs. There is no target price as such but for maximum profits there are instructions on how you can use a trailing stop loss so that you can bank as many points as possible when the price moves in your favour.

So Finally Is The Forex Profit Farm System Actually Profitable?

Well from testing this system out on various different currency pairs, I honestly believe this system is profitable overall. The stop loss of 35 points hardly ever gets hit and yet it captures many of the big intraday swings that occur every day.

I would only recommend you use this system between 08.00 and 16.00 (GMT), because this is when you get the biggest price swings. Plus if you really want to maximize your profits, I would recommend you trade the set-ups that occur just after the UK and US markets open as this is the time when you get substantial price moves.

Overall though I have to say I'm very impressed by the Forex Profit Farm system. It generates at least two or three strong trading set-ups per pair per day, and some of these resulting price moves are in the region of 60-100 points so the risk reward ratio is very much in your favour.

I've been testing it out on lots of different pairs to see if this system has any weaknesses but I just couldn't spot any. It does appear to have a very high success ratio, and I think you can probably increase this further by only trading those high probability set-ups that occur at the busiest times of the day, as I've just mentioned.

To be honest my expectations on receiving a review copy of this system were very low, but after doing extensive back-tests on this system, I honestly think Forex Profit Farm could be a winner.

0 comments:

 

web counter